10 August, 2011

Bell's regency dress and stays part 1

 NOTE: i have had to split this post into two parts as it was so long and had too many photos it would have taken far too long to load.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t posted anything yet, my laptop hasn’t been connecting to the Internet (I’m using Bells at the moment).
I want to share some photos of a regency dress and stays my mum and I made for Bell for her party last Saturday, we used sense and sensibility pattens; regency underthings and regency gown. Neither the stays nor the dress are quite finished yet (things like buttons aren’t sewn on) but they were wearableJ.


front of stays

back of stays
I don't know if you can see it on the photo, but there is a seam down the back, that wasn't supposed to be there, but when I put the stays on Bell for a fitting, they were too wide around the back, so we had to cut off about 15ish cm (approximately 6")  which made the stays fit heaps better... but caused problems later  ( you'll see what i mean in part 2)

the lacing

Sorry about the dirty appearance of this photo. I haven't had a chance to wash it, so it still has chalk markings all over it :S

the eyelet(or lack thereof)
 I haven't gotten to sew the eyelets yet so that's what they look like at the moment (BTW, the reason it looks so dirty is because at first i didn't have an awl so i was trying to use a lead pencil instead(SO hard) and that put pencil all over it. i have an awl now and it makes making eyelets SO much easier)

arm hole

As you can see I haven't put the binding on the armhole yet, I didn't have time. Note the pretty binding, Bells favourite colour is purple so i used floral binding of that colour  :)
(photos of the dress are in 'Bell's regency dress part 2')

No comments: